As a full-service treatment center for drug and alcohol addiction, Zoe Recovery offers the best Orange County dual diagnosis treatment in a state-of-the-art facility. We specialize in identifying and addressing our patients’ underlying mental disorders using an integrative treatment plan.
Do I have a co-occurring mental disorder?
The symptoms of dual diagnosis disorders can vary from one person to another based on the substance abused, the severity of their addiction condition, and the underlying mental health problems. You may have a co-occurring mental disorder if you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Sudden change in behavior
- Facing difficulty in managing daily tasks and responsibilities
- Avoiding social activities and gatherings
- Poor personal hygiene and deteriorating health
- Hallucinations, disillusioned thinking, and cognitive impairments
Issues with managing finances, erratic behaviors, and declined performance at work or school are additional signs warning of the need for dual diagnosis treatment. Besides, if you experience suicidal behaviors or thoughts, you need to seek help from one of the licensed Orange County rehab centers to prevent adverse health implications.
How we treat dual diagnosis?
As a premier opiate addiction treatment center, we treat dual diagnosis conditions using an integrated treatment plan. Our customized recovery plan for each patient in rehab involves them in a series of medication-assisted treatments and non-12-step programs, which equips them with all the critical coping skills for a sober lifestyle over the years.
Our drug and alcohol treatment in Orange county begins with medical detox and offers an immersive treatment experience for our recovering addicts. We also encourage the residents at our Orange County rehab to build meaningful bonds with fellow recovering addicts, which helps them heal and recover with peer support and sober fellowship.
Common mental health problems and addiction
Several mental health problems are interlinked with addiction and often present themselves alongside drug abuse or alcoholism. Some of the co-occurring mental disorders include:
- Attention-deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) – Individuals with ADHD can feel more inclined to use drugs or consume alcohol, which develops into addiction over time. The urge to use drugs often arises when ADHD patients use these substances as an escape route to cope with their symptoms. Besides, prescription stimulants used to treat ADHD put patients at a high risk of habit-forming.
- Bipolar disorder – According to a recent statistic, over 50% of individuals with bipolar disorder develop an addiction to drugs or alcohol. As is the case with any mental issue, bipolar patients attempt to self-medicate themselves with drugs and alcohol for temporary relief from their manic episodes and psychological symptoms, which causes them to develop a toxic pattern of substance abuse.
- Depression – With one in every ten Americans suffering from depression, it is one of the most reported causes of addiction.
Call Zoe Recovery at (866) 507-1048 to sign up for our Orange County dual diagnosis treatment. As one of the most renowned treatment centers in Orange County, we use a combination of holistic therapies and medication-assisted treatment to help patients attain a safe and speedy recovery from their physical and mental health issues.
Lake Forest CA 92630